I don't understand why Ivar lost the war. Wasn't everyone saying that the Saxons were outnumbered? The guy who killed Harald was even telling Alfred to retreat. Alfred not retreating seemed like a desperate move. Is it because Harald and Ivar died? But then why did Ivar have to die? Could he have avoided breaking his bones or was it time for it to happen, so then he decided to go out like a warrior to reach Valhalla? It's all conjecture from me, since they didn't make anything clear.

It was emotional seeing Hvitserk and Ivar like that. Ivar showing love for a brother was great to see. Also loved seeing Ivar speak Norse again.

It was amusing seeing the guy who stabbed Ivar run away just in case. The opposite of what the guy who killed Harald did. An interesting parallel that shows how much more weight Ivar's name has and how feared he is.

"Valhalla is not for you, my friend". I loved Ubbe saying that because it had many meanings. He showed mercy since the blood eagle would've been pointless, but at the same time basically told him he's a coward.

I can't stand Ingrid and her being Queen.

Wait, wait, wait! I just found out it's the ending. This is how the series ends!? That's a bit underwhelming. Ubbe's story is the only ending I like. Although I would've liked to see more of his adventures, it made sense ending it there. Ingrid Queen of Kattegat? Trash. Hvitserk's ending? Just meh, like most of the things happening to his character. Ivar's death was emotional, but they could've made it more epic. At least Alfred saw it happen though.

loading replies