5.7/10. Ventress is developing a soul! And a future! And we intend to tell you that in the most obvious way possible after throwing a bunch of generic (if occasionally cool) action at you for 80% of the episode before tacking on some contrived moral decision. Look, I enjoy dynamic fight scenes as much as the next guy, and there were some nice sequences here. The oner where the "camera" proceeded through the train was particularly noticeable in how it conveyed the various skirmishes taking place through out, and several of the individual battles, like the leaf lady getting tangled up with the killer robot, showed creativity. But at a certain point it all becomes static, and we basically ended up with two acts worth of fighting leaving barely enough space for story. I'm also no big fan of Baby Boba, who still seems like a pretty gimmicky inclusion most of the time. The prior Ventress arc did a good job of showing her betrayal and development and deepening the character, but these past episodes have been so rushed and so action heavy that they haven't really had time to deep our understanding of who Ventress is, and thus spend more time telling us that she's changing than actually showing it.

loading replies