PosterPoster

Review by dogg724

Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll 2015

I'm not sure if there's a plot. The second season has been a weird sexual examination of the dynamics between the main characters. To be honest I barely remember anything form the first season other than the band is sad. They don't feel like a family or terribly connected. It's not like super funny or anything. I think I just really like Gigi so I stick around for the small scene where maybe she's singing something or wearing something hot. I wish I had more to say, but it seems to suffer from that "I had a popular show, I still want to be famous, I have too much money" kind of thing. Just because Denis Leary has always wanted to be a rock star and might've conjured a few fantasies with regard to it doesn't mean there's a compelling story-telling motivation or underbelly. I don't hate it, and it's not like "bad" in that it takes it's self too seriously or gets to be embarrassed by its budget, but it's a show that, were it cancelled tomorrow, I wouldn't be like, "Awwwww! I'm not gonna get to see them talk about their sex lives and weird play next week!"

loading replies