A4caa04e24A4caa04e24

Shout by Andrew Phillips
VIP
2016-09-09T00:19:20Z— updated 2016-09-20T15:44:49Z

Werner Herzog gathers the kookiest and least qualified people available to answer a series of ridiculous stoner questions that really don't relate to technology at all. Like, whether the Internet "dreams of itself", or whether sensors will be able to tell you that the person who just walked by is in love with you.

I cut Herzog a lot of slack because of my love for 'Grizzly Man', but this was 98 minutes of nonsense.

Despite its title. it has little to do with the Internet, other than some brief history by a professor who obviously takes the whole thing waaaaay too seriously. And it has nothing to do with the connected world, really, other than in a vague, sideways kind of way. But, hey, there's a lot of Kevin Mitnick patting himself on the back, and a good deal of Lawrence Krauss speaking outside his field of expertise.

loading replies

1 reply

@abstractals Spot on review. I was already prepared for the worst given his interview on VICE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAo9o7zV24A which was quite ignorant already. This turned out to be really painful to get through. Now I'm glad that I passed on the upcoming screening of his "Salt and Fire" as I'm still salty.