Find Me A Home is a nationwide six-part observational documentary series following the trials and tribulations of those trying to buy, rent or sell a home in the current property market. Across the series we meet a wide variety of house hunters often in very tricky situations:
* first time buyers finding it difficult to get a mortgage and a deposit
* downsizers, hoping to trade down to release cash
* buyers and sellers at property auctions
* home owners in negative equity
* renters who fear they’ll never get their foot on the property ladder
We also go behind the scenes with estate agents as they try to help stimulate the market after a turbulent decade – with mixed results. In some parts of the country a chronic lack of supply leads to frantic bidding wars, while in others agents go years without selling a single house.
It’s a highly charged mix of emotions as couples and individuals struggle to make the most important decision of their lives.
The series was filmed in the Spring and Summer of 2016 in counties Dublin, Galway, Wicklow, Cavan, Leitrim, Limerick and Cork.