1. Dr. Schekter 2. Comment with David Brinkley: Quality Smoke 3. Leave It to Beaver 25th Anniversary Party 4. John McEnroe for Coffee 5. Katharine Hepburn for Twillings Tea 6. The Merv Griffith Show from Mayberry 7. The National Midnight Star 8. Indira, live at the Akron Arena 9. Great White North 10. The Fishin' Musician: The Tubes 11. The Brooke Shields Show 12. Cooking with Edith Prickley 13. Tex and Edna Boil's Prairie Warehouse 14. What's My Shoe Size? 15. Dr. Cheryl Kinsey 16. Perry Como: Still Alive 17. Play It Again, Bob 18. SCTV sign-off with Mel Torme
1. Message From Guy: Arabs 2. Got a Minute? with Sid Dithers 3. High Q 4. The Johnny LaRue Show 5. Point/Counterpoint: Alcoholism 6. My Fair Lady 7. Great White North 8. Long Distance 9. Danny Eubanks - Seminarian/Rookie Cop 10. The Sammy Maudlin Show: On the Waterfront 11. Dr. Chet Vet 12. Graft Cheese 13. Hats of the West 14. Bad Acting in Hollywood 15. Alpha Channel 16. The Irwin Allen Show 17. Tomorrow Today Tonight
1. English for Beginners 2. Harry Filth 3. Taxi Driver (Gregory Peck) 4. Lola Heatherton in Concert 5. Sid Dithers - Private Eye 6. Taxi Driver (Woody Allen) 7. Video Piracy (Star Wars) 8. Videotech 9. How the Middle East Was Won 10. Taxi Driver (Sid Dithers) 11. Fillips Milk of Amnesia 12. Quincy: Cartoon Coroner 13. The Dick Cavett Show 14. Biller Hi-Lite 15. Harvey K-Tel's Fast-Talking Playhouse 16. Great White North: Star Wars 17. The Young and the Wrestling 18. Death Takes No Holiday 19. Joni Mitchell: For Dogs Only 20. Money Talks: Mr. Douglas 21. Yellowbelly 22. Monster Chiller Horror Theatre: Whispers of the Wolf
Classic clips of original Second City performances plus insights from Harold Ramis, Bernard Sahlins, Del Close, Andrew Alexander, Joe Flaherty, Eugene Levy and Dave Thomas.
Everybody who met John Candy has a story to tell. Here are some from those who knew and loved him.
A show like SCTV has a million stories. Here is the first installment of some of the best.
SCTV also included many talented people behind the scenes. Here the hair, makeup and wardrobe designers look back at producing the show.
The Juul Haalmeyer Dancers were a woefully inept troupe of variety show dancers on the television sketch comedy show SCTV. They premiered on series 4, "Bouncin' Back to You" with The Tubes. Catherine O'Hara wanted bad dancers for the Bouncin' Back to You segment with Lola Heatherton. O'Hara auditioned professional dancers, but they couldn't dance poorly, so she asked Haalmeyer, the show's costume designer, to put something together with whoever was available. O'Hara named the dance group The Juul Haalmeyer Dancers because it sounded similar to the June Taylor Dancers
Cycle 3 brought many changes to the SCTV family, including the arrival of Martin Short, who joined in time for the last three episodes. Joined in this video by Catherine O'Hara, Martin looks back at his early days on the Toronto Mainstage of Second City and his first impressions of joining the SCTV cast.
SCTV needed producers to juggle the demands of deadlines, network and the cast. In part one of a series, SCTV executive producer Andrew Alexander and producer Patrick Whitley share behind the scenes stories of what it took to get SCTV on the air.
In the early 1980's That's Life, hosted by Peter Feniack, was a popular Canadian magazine show that covered stories of the day. In this hort video segment the show pays a visit to John Candy and his young family at their home near the town of Newmarket, just north of Toronto. SCTV loomed large in the public mind, and with the smash comedy Stripes under his belt, John was on his way to wide acclaim.
Not only is this 1970 production considered one of the seminal moments in the creation of Canada's film industry, but SCTV's version, Garth And Gord And Fiona And Alice, is considered one of the best parodies in Canadian comedy history. Directed by Don Shebib, this film is the story of two hard-luck Maritimers who, like many before them, head west to "Hogtown" (Toronto) in search of work, women, and a new life. In a wonderful twist, actress Jayne Eastwood appears in both versions and in an added interview with Joe Flaherty.
These educational public service announcements began running on Canadian television in the early 1960's. They were produced by the Canadian Wildlife Service (a division of Environment Canada) to promote knowledge and respect of Canada's vast wilderness. In the process the spots and their haunting theme music (used in the SCTV spoof) have taken on an almost cult-like status in Canada. In 2003 CWS relaunched the program in cooperation with the Canadian Wildlife Federation. See all the Hinterland Who's Who spots and learn about the Great White North at their Web site: www.hww.ca
In October 2004 Joe Flaherty reprised his character Sammy Maudlin for the first time in public since SCTV by joining Toronto's Second City Theatre Company and alumni for a special series of shows. With an additional interview by Joe, these selected sketches prove that the SCTV and Second City connection lives on.
Home movies of the cast and crew playing softball (courtesy Rose Candy)
It was during these cycles that Martin Short fully developed his most famous SCTV characters. In this one-on-one interview with SCTV writer Dick Blasucci, Martin Short reflects upon settling into the cast and drawing international attention for the first time.
Despite his important contribution, SCTV producer Len Stuart has always preferred to remain in the background. Here, Len briefly steps into the limelight to tell a few stories about his history and SCTV.
So where did the concept of Fishin' Musician and its host Gil Fisher come from? Before the days of specialty TV networks, about the only good fishing and camping on TV in Canada and the northern U.S. was a little independent show called The Red Fisher Show. Short on polish but long on heart, it ran for 21 years starting in 1968 and followed Red and his celebrity guests as they traveled all over the world in search of adventure. Each episode opened with Red setting up the story and telling a few tales on the studio set porch of what became his famous Scuttlebut Lodge. Red's show was also partially the inspiration for another Canadian hit comedy series, The Red Green Show. For those of you that miss Red's show, here is some great news, at 88 years of age he is still reeling in the big ones.
1999 U.S. Comedy Arts Festival hosted by Conan O'Brien with Joe Flaherty, Eugene Levy, Andrea Martin, Catherine O'Hara, Harold Ramis, Martin Short, and Dave Thomas. Courtesy of HBO.
On March 4, 1997, Robert M. Batscha, then president of the museum, gathered SCTV alumni for an impressive public roundtable discussion. Participating in this unique forum are Rick Moranis, Catherine O'Hara, Eugene Levy, Dave Thomas, Joe Flaherty, Andrea Martin, Robin Duke, Martin Short, plus Second City Chicago founder Bernie Sahlins, SCTV Executive Producer Andrew Alexander and a rare appearance by improv directing legend Del Close. This is the first time that this video has been released for public viewing, courtesy of The Museum of Television & Radio.
A Larry Buchanan short film included as an easter egg from the Volume 2 DVD set.
A DVD extra from Volume 2 disc 5
1. Message from Guy: Catch Our Stars 2. High Q 3. The Merv Griffin Show: Arafat, Liberace, Ferigno 4. English for Beginners 5. Dr. Benson Credit Psychiatrist 6. Message from Prickley: The New Season 7. Leave It to Beaver 25th Anniversary Party 8. Great White North: The Best Groups and Doug's Imitations 9. Dan Money 10. One On the Town: Levon Helm 11. Message from Hal Waxberg: Behind the Scenes 12. The $Millionaire 13. 20 Depressing Hits by Connie Franklin 14. Message from Guy: Consultant 15. Commercial: Half Legs 16. Masterpiece Theatre: All the Long-Leggedy Beasties 17. Spray-On Socks 18. Play It Again, Bob
1. 5 Neat Guys: Neatest Hits 2. Tim Ishimuni Show 3. Kwallada 4. Message from Prickley: Polynesiantown 5. SCTV Movie Of the Week: Polynesiantown 6. Larry Siegel Talk Show 7. Indira, live at the Ackron Arena 8. Great White North: Traveling and Salaries 9. Brenda Vaccaro for Bren's Genfem Protecteze Pons 10. Sammy Maudlin Show: Drugs and Hollywood 11. The Rosemans 12. Yuri: Getting to Know You 13. Will: The Movie 14. SCTV British Film Festival: Look Back in a Bloody Rage 15. Gerry Todd Show 16. Crazy Hy's: TVs 17. Incredible Cash Contest 18. Crazy Hy's: Satellite Dishes
1. Sunrise Semester: Conversational New Yorkese with Norman Gorman 2. Lola Heatherton In Concert 3. Yellowbelly 4. Speaking of Talk with Lou Jaffe 5. Message from Guy: Illegal Aliens 6. Melvin and Howard 7. Sneak Previews: Empires are a Girl's Best Friend 8. The Point Shave and Haircut from Shickette 9. Dick Cavett 10. The Fracases: Southside Fracas 11. Only for Women: Divorce 12. Great White North: Making Doug Go 13. The Babe Ruth Story 14. Sid Dithers Private Eye 15. Monster Chiller Horror Theatre: Whispers of the Wolf
1. Comment with David Brinkley: Quality Smoke 2. Cooking with Prickley 3. Tex and Edna Boil's Organ Emporium: Rhythm Ace 4. Career Home Study 5. Mr. Science: Coffee 6. Sammy Maudlin Show: Bob Hope in China 7. Taxi Driver with Woody Allen 8. Transmission Difficulty / Program Change 9. What's My Shoesize? 10. Great White North: Parking at Donut Places 11. Taxi Driver with Gregory Peck 12. Lee A. Iacocca's Rock Concert 13. Extreme Close-Up with Dave Thomas 14. The Man Who Would Be King of the Popes 15. Taxi Driver with Sid Dithers 16. The Love Boat: Deerhunter Special 17. Chet Vet, the Dead Pet Remover 18. My Fair Lady 19. Harlett Romances 20. Mel's Rock Pile: Richard Harris 21. Shock Theatre: Early to Bed
1. Tomorrow, Tonight, Today 2. Fillips Milk of Amnesia 3. LaRue Wrap 4. Sunrise Semester: Man's Ability to Imitate with Mr. Wilcox 5. My Life – One More Time 6. SCTV Special Report: The Space Shuttle 7. Phil’s Nails 8. Great White North: Backbacon and Snow Chains 9. Bad Acting in Hollywood with Tom Boslee 10. Biller Hi-Lite 11. Long Distance 12. Lunch Time Street Beef 13. SCTV Movie of the Week: The Grapes of Mud 14. Words to Live By: Rabbi Karlov 15. Sunrise Semester: Faking Orgasms with Dr. Cheryl Kinsey
1. Sunrise Semester: Post Natal Exercises 2. Poochare Dog Food 3. Sunbright 4. Message from Guy: Sponsors 5. Moral Majority Wrap 6. The Merv Griffin Show: Return to Mayberry 7. Critics Corner with Bill Needle: The Moral Majority 8. Mrs. Falbo's Tiny Town: Counting to 10 9. National Midnight Star 10. The Brooke Shields Show 11. Doorway to Hell: The Man Who Lived in a Box 12. Monster Chiller Horror Theatre: Dr. Tongue's 3D House of Stewardesses 13. Great White North: Stuff that Bugs Us 14. Message from Guy: Pressure Groups 15. Harry's Discount Sex Shop 16. Floyd Robertson for Rolling Hills 17. SCTV News: Floyd's Rehab 18. The Gerry Todd Show 19. Crazy Hy’s: Home Studio 20. Carpets Galore
1. Pledge Week 2. Dr. Shekter 3. Farm Film Report 4. Kovak Expert 5. Studio Tour 6. Mel’s Rock Pile: 20th Anniversary Special with Roy Orbison 7. Tracking the Unknown with Edith Prickley 8. Critic's Corner with Bill Needle: RCA Editorial 9. Roy Orbison: Workin' for the Man 10. Fireside Chat: Gun Control 11. Pit Stop Deodorant 12. Great White North: Calculators 13. Hugh Betcha's Short Story Playhouse: The Private Booth 14. O'Henry's Life: The Private Booth
1. Gene Shalit Critic’s Special 2. Wrong Side of the Bed with Bill Needle 3. John McEnroe for Coffee 4. Lola Wrap 5. Jake Lamotta’s Raging Bull-B-Q 6. The Fishin’ Musician: The Tubes 7. K-Tel Product Crusher 8. SCTV News: Lola Obituary 9. You: Dr. Saul Reuben 10. Bouncin’ Back to You 11. SCTV Movie Of the Week: The Nobel
1. Max Lax Coffee Laxative 2. Bob and Doug Wrap 3. Harry Filth 4. Money Talks with Brian Johns: William Douglas 5. The Johnny La Rue Exercise Show 6. Shakespeare in the Park 7. The Heys of Our Lives 8. SCTV Afternoon Movie: Fantasy Island 9. Anne Murray Super Special 10. PSA: Mental Illness 11. David Susskind Show 12. LaRue Tachi Portable Quadraphonic System 13. Great White North: Ian Thomas 14. Signoff: The National Anthem
1. Perry Como Still Alive 2. Tammy Bakker for Mayberline Mascara 3. Benny Hill Street Blues 4. Great White North: Economics 5. Way to Go, Woman: Mother Theresa 6. Julius Caesar 7. Today is Moscow 8. Russian Wrap 9. Uposcrabblenyk 10. What Fits into Russia 11. PSA: Uzbecks 12. SCTV Movie Of the Week: The Jazz Singer with Al Jarreau 13. The Cruisin’ Gormet 14. Hey, Giorgy 15. Strelnokoff Vodka 16. Tibor’s Tractor 17. Wet Nurse 18. Eskimo Arts - Two Folon Sale
1. Ricardo Montalban School of Fine Acting 2. Sunrise Semester: Ventriloquism with Mr. Wilcox 3. Night School High Q 4. Perma-Lacque Hair Spray 5. Great White North: Mouse in a Bottle 6. You: I'm Taking My Own Head... 7. Video Dinners from Videotech 8. Critic's Corner with Bill Needle: Theatre Beat 9. The Fishin' Musician: The Plasmatics 10. Send $10.00 to BOX 1980 11. Theatre Beat with Bill Needle: I'm Taking My Own Head 12. You: Dr. Bernard Coddle 13. Dusty Towne at Lucifer's Arena 14. My Bloody Hand 15. Cow Malt Liquor 16. SCTV Movie of the Week: Power Play
1. PSA: American Orthodontal Group - Dental Floss 2. Mrs. Falbo's Tiny Town: G. Gordon Liddy 3. Zontar Wrap 4. Great White North: Short Cuts 5. George Carlin’s Reel Love 6. The D'Annamora Prison Choir - For Lifers Only 7. Farm Film Report: Meryl Streep 8. Don Rickles' Love Is the Greatest Gift God Gave Us....And I Mean that Sincerely 9. SCTV Evening News: Zontar 10. Ted Gordon, Overbooked Attorney 11. The Sammy Maudlin Show: Natalie Cole 12. Tex and Edna Boil's Prairie Warehouse and Curio Emporium 13. Poochare Dog Food 14. Money Talks with Brian Johns: Henna Claire Graham 15. Henry Moore for American Express 16. Dr. Schekter
1. 5 Neat Guys Gold 2. Emergency Caterers 3. Walter Cronkite's Brain 4. Tylenex with Perini Scleroso 5. Monster Chiller Horror Theatre: Slinky...Toy from Hell 6. Small Town Dick 7. SCTV Movie of the Week: Gangway for Miracles 8. Great White North: Carpets 9. The Merv Griffin Show: The 60's 10. The Pepsi Challenge with Perini Scleroso 11. Pre-Teen World: Rough Trade 12. Carl's Cuts: Head Cheese 13. Slappy 2000 Home Comedy Center 14. Steeplechase 15. Shine Liquid Detergent with Perini Scleroso 16. Sunrise Semester: Screen Acting V with Dr. Tongue and Woody Tobias, Jr. 17. Videodating
1. Double Love 2. Great White North: Microwave Ovens 3. SCTV After School Special: Pepi Longsocks 4. Harry's Discount Sex Shop: Harry's Library of Distinction 5. The Sammy Maudlin Show: Bobby and Skip Bittman 6. SCTV Movie of the Week: New York Rhapsody 7. Al Peck's Sanitone Drycleaning 8. Doorway to Hell 9. Hollywood Squares Home Game 10. Message from Guy: Suggestions 11. The Nana Mouskouri Story 12. Fireside Chat: Police Blotter 13. Half Legs
1. Katharine Hepburn for Twillings Tea 2. The Godfather 3. Great White North: Long Underwear and Backbacon 4. SCTV Special Presentation: 3-D House of Beef 5. Birkney's Diamonds 6. SCTV Movie of the Week: The Vikings and the Beekeepers.
1. Liberace's Musical Tribute to the Holidays 2. SCTV Staff Party 3. Great White North: Beer Nog 4. Fireside Chat: Christmas Message 5. The Sammy Maudlin Show: Neil Simon 6. Frank Incense 7. Neil Simon's Nutcracker Suite 8. Street Beef: Christmas 9. Dusty Towne Sexy Holiday Special
1. Monster Chiller Horror Theatre: Dr. Tongue's Evil House of Pancakes 2. Give 'Em Hell, Bess 3. Farm Film Report: Brooke Shields and the Boomtown Rats 4. PSA: Video - Use It, Don't Abuse It 5. Great White North: The Great White North 6. Shoot for the Stars with Bill Needle 7. SCTV Movie of the Week: Teacher's Pet 8. SCTV Classics: Ben-Hur 9. Special Offer - Fur from Davy Crockett's Hat 10. The Lone Ranger Show
1. Norman White and the White Scat Chorale 2. Comment with David Brinkley: Music Impersonators 3. Rent-A-Retort/Hire-A-Harpie 4. Sunrise Semester: Lake Monsters with Angus Crock 5. Midnight Video Special 6. All Girl Friday Night Pajama Party 7. K-I-L Ammo 8. Al’s Garage 9. One on the Town: Singles Bars 10. Fireside Chat: Special Announcement 11. Monster Chiller Horror Theatre: Blood-Sucking Monkeys 12. Great White North: The Space Arm/Snow Routes 13. SCTV Classics: Lust for Paint 14. Fish Police 15. Logos Galore 16. Alfred Hitchcock Presents
1. Message from Guy: Reruns 2. Indira, Live at the Ackron Arena 3. Angie Dickenson for Fancy-Free Undershields 4. Bob and Doug Wrap 5. Al Peck's Used Cars 6. The Days of the Week 7. Way to Go, Woman: Mother Theresa 8. Great White North Special 9. You: Fitness 10. Nightline Melonville: Unemployment 11. The Great White North Palace 12. Reverend Dan Ellsmire - Be My Friend
1. Hands Off Remote Control Converter from Videotech 2. National Midnight Star 3. Pre-Teen World Telethon 4. Turk Gruman Police Dispatcher 5. SCTV Movie of the Week: Maudlin's Eleven 6. Prickley Heat 7. The Adventures of Shake 'n' Bake 8. Nightline Melonville: Kidnapping 9. Surgical Clinical Instruments 10. PSA: National Committee Against Noise Pollution
1. People's Global Golden Choice Awards 2. Bob's Big Guy Restaurant 3. Convert-A-Toupe 4. The Merv Griffin Show: The Special Edition 5. Great White North: 15-pin Bowling 6. Tex and Edna Boil's Prairie Warehouse and Curio Emporium: Chuckie 7. The Fishin' Musician: Third World
1. Message from Guy: The Days of the Week 2. Gene Shalit for Bufferil 3. House in a Box 4. The Days of the Week 5. Just for Fun: Copland, Friedan, Solzhenitzen 6. Dr. X: An Old Friend Returns 7. Tex and Edna Boil's Prairie Warehouse and Curio Emporium: Lawn Ornament Daze 8. The Making of 3D Stake from the Heart 9. Edna Boil's Prairie Warehouse and Curio Emporium: Western Clothing 10. Reverend Dan Ellsmire - Surprise Grab Bag 11. ? and Edna Boil's Prairie Warehouse and Curio Emporium: Auditions 12. The Irv Goldfarb Show 13. Bali Indonesian Cuisine Restaurant 14. The Irv Goldfarb Show 15. Edna Boil's Prairie Warehouse and Curio Emporium: Countess Boileena 16. Sunrise Semester: Conversational New Yorkese II with Norman Gorman
1. Annie with The Original Cast 2. Stairways to Heaven 3. Donahue: Pornography 4. Pet Peeves of the Stars 5. The Days of the Week 6. The Happy Wanderers: Linsk Minyk 7. Shmenge Travel 8. The Happy Wanderers Looking Back on Shmenge Records 9. Second Nose Job 10. Nightline Melonville: Milk Slush Fund 11. Audiogames by Intellicoustic 12. The Fishin' Musician: Carl Perkins 13. K-I-L Ammo 14. Great White North: How to Beat the Russians 15. LaRue Fish Flakes and Frosted Fish Flakes 16. Stand Up and Be Counted with Bill Needle
1. Commercial: Luciano Pavarotti for Edison Gum 2. The Sammy Maudlin Show: Chariots of Eggs 3. Johnny LaRue's Discount Deprive-O-Rama 4. SCTV News Special Report: NASA Production of Murder in the Cathedral 5. The Days of the Week 6. Ethel Merman Wake Up and Love Me 7. Great White North: Twist-off Beer Caps 8. Mr. Boom Microphone (from Ronco) 9. Mrs. Falbo's Tiny Town: Prison 10. Wheelbarrow World 11. Revenge 12. Carl's Cuts: Film Editing 13. Message from Guy: SCTV's Political Stance
1. Long Distance 2. SCTV Sports: Battle of the PBS Stars 3. Wok on the Wild Side: The Case of the Stir-Fried Corpse 4. The Days of the Week 5. SCTV Movie of the Week: I Was a Teenage Communist 6. Harry's Discount Sex Shop: Businessman of the Year 7. Big Dude TV Dinner 8. Charlie's Kitchen 9. Mean Joe Greene Playhouse 10. Love Slaves of the Southwest 11. Comment with David Brinkley: Boredom
1. "Mr. Know-It-All" The Life of Nostradamus - The Promo 2. Identical Bellhops 3. Money Talks with Brian Johns: Condominiums 4. Nightline Melonville: Margaret Thatcher and Tip O'Neill 5. Jerry Lewis Live on the Champs Elysees 6. Great White North: Dog Scoopers 7. The Days of the Week 8. International House of Panties 9. SCTV Foreign Film Festival: Rome, Italian Style 10. The Fishin' Musician: Jimmy Buffett 11. One-stop Lifestyle Services 12. Mouse House 13. Fireside Chat: Chipped Tooth 14. Norton Sheeff's The Making of: Dr. X 15. General Life's Insight 16. Sunrise Semester: Elementary Drawing 101 with Salvador Dali
1. DiMaggio's on the Wharf 2. Street Beef Wrap 3. Norman Mailer for Tyde 4. Talking Projector Adventure Series 5. The Days of the Week episode 6: The Wedding 6. Street Beef: The Big O 7. Lipschitz & Lipschitz 8. TV Talk with Bill Needle 9. Carl's Cuts: Free Delivery 10. SCTV After School Special: How Nosy the Short-Haired Terrier Dog Got His Name 11. The Wall Street Journal 12. Finian's Rainbow Meats
With a garbage strike looming, Edith persuades Pierre Trudeau to let SCTV pick up the CBC feed. Meanwhile, Sammy Maudlin decides to celebrate the 25th anniversary of his show two years early.
Fred Willard is involved in a scheme Guy Caballero has hatched, forcing the arrival of SCTV Chairman Alan ""Crazy Legs"" Shipman.
The second election episode, as covered by SCTV News Election Central. Also features the Shmenge's tribute to John Williams and the very first Stars In One, hosted by Brock Linehan, Martin Short's superb impression of Canadian celebrity interviewer Brian Linehan.
"Angel Cortez: FBI Jockey," Bobby Bittman PSA for the Public Library, Gus the Security Guard makes everyone sign in, John Houseman reads the phone book, "Farm Film Report" with Deney Terrio, The band America performs "Right Before Your Eyes," SCTV Movie of the Week: "The Bowery Boys In The Band," Dr. Rawl Withers introduces The National Midnight Star, Harry the guy with a snake on his face sells descramblers. A "reasonably faithful" spoof of Jane Eyre, Reverend Gene Filler of the Church of Unlimited Credit, "Monster Chiller Horror Theater" presents Dr. Tongue's 3-D House of Slave Chicks, Curly Howard sings love themes, Gus asks Edith Prickley out, People's Court (joined in progress), Rev. Gene Filler returns.
The Days of the Week returns for another six episode run. Other notable sketches: the first Half Wits, Artisans and Their Art with the inimitable Bradley P Allen, and A Star is Born, starring Crystal Gayle.
To encourage small business advertising, SCTV cuts its ad rates, resulting in a series of homemade ads for several micro-businesses. Also features the classic Stars In One profile of child star Rusty Van Reddick and the first episode of Vic Arpeggio Private Investigator. Jayne Eastwood guests as the moderator for Philosophers at work
Features a short wraparound about Bobby Bittman's retirement from showbiz and subsequent comeback. Also features the continuation of William B Williams' mutli-story arc as he hosts his very own show. A classic of discomfort comedy, the William B Williams Show is such a disaster that not even William B can take it and he walks off his own show. The William B Williams Show includes the first appearance of legendary songwriter Irving Cohen
SCTV's longest wraparound show finds a poltergeist of television's past haunting the station during sweeps week, and Guy must call in the services of a technology savvy clairvoyant. Originally aired during February, which is apparently a Sweeps Month in America, when the networks pull out all the stops to get ratings. The Days of the Week is the only sketch not linked in some way to the wraparound. Johnny LaRue's final appearance on SCTV is in a minor promo, Jumping For Dollars
William B Williams returns to the Sammy Maudlin Show, the Shmenges host a beauty pageant, and Jackie Rogers Jr plugs his upcoming special, Jackie, We Hardly Knew Ye.
A set of unconnected sketches featuring many recurring characters, including a new Count Floyd vehicle, 3D Firing Line, which takes a look at Midnight Cowboy II, Ed Grimley in Whatever Happened to Baby Ed, the final episode of The Days of the Week (with cameos by Catherine O'Hara and Carol Burnett), as well as The Fishin' Musician, Stars In One, and perhaps the finest Mel's Rock Pile - the tribute to punk rock. Not a bad way to leave network television.